Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Richard Matheson on the (incredible) Shrinking Man

This short exchange is lifted from an interview with the novelist- screenwriter Richard Matheson (IMDb page) which appears on a site hosted by the Rod Serling Memorial Foundation.


RM: Yes, because I waited until they wanted my novel! There are other ways to do it now, but back then I think that was the best way. My book was not called the Incredible Shrinking Man (as it if is often referred to), it was just called The Shrinking Man. The phrase Incredible Shrinking has became part of the American language. I just saw it in Weekly Variety yesterday.

WS: In other words the producer added it to the title.

RM: Yes. My feeling is, it’s already pretty incredible that a guy is shrinking! Why add the adjective?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home